This BCBA position will be a Supervising Clinician providing support to individuals and their families by coordinating and providing Applied Behavior Analysis, function analyses and assessment, behavior acquisition and reduction procedures, and adaptive life skills. The individual will develop a client's treatment plans and supervise Behavior Technicians to implement such programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
This reflects essential functions considered necessary for a Supervising Clinician but is not a detailed description of all work requirements. This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of all responsibilities and job duties.
- Provide clinical oversight to clientele to drive compliance and retention to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Train, manage, and retain a team of Behavior Technicians who directly report to the Supervising Clinician.
- Engage parents in ABA therapy to improve client outcomes.
- Develop child-specific behavior plans in accordance with the principles of ABA therapy.
- Attend corporate meetings and training as scheduled.
- Promote the growth of Centria Healthcare and assist in the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Leading and maintaining staff by orienting and training team members
- Ensuring the daily functions of the team are completed by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Managing, coaching, and developing the team to meet agreed objectives and what delivers best practice results, added value, and continuous improvements
- Promoting high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that everyone understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited university in acceptance with BACB guidelines
- Completion of 8-hour supervision course, or willing to complete within first 30 days
- BCBA certification from the BACB, in good standing
- Active state license, in good standing, when applicable
- 1 + years working with children and autism spectrum disorders
- Previous supervision experience, preferred
- Crisis management experience, preferred
Equipment and Technology Experience
- Basic computer skills
- Working knowledge of laptop and mobile devices such as iPads
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
- Proficiency in G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Google Meet)
- ABA platforms, preferred
Other Competency Requirements
An initial assessment of competency will be completed during the interview period and evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to use computers and computer/software programs
- Able to communicate expressively and receptively
Knowledge and Skills
- ABA clinical knowledge and experience
- Ability to synthesize a variety of clinical and social data to determine an appropriate diagnosis, treatment plan and monitor effectiveness of treatment programs
- Ability to effectively engage in one-to-one communication with parents and clients
- Expertise in tracking and ensuring clinical outcomes, progress, and maintaining a high level of compliance
- Ability to seamlessly transition between strategic and hands-on responsibilities
- Proven experience and understanding of customer service
- Work in a collaborative environment and builds mutual trust and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with clients, internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivated to achieve business goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior skills in time management, observation, and data analytics
- Proven strong work ethic with attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Centria's office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, with primary hours conducted after school hours (3:00 pm – 8:00 pm).
- The work location varies on a case-by-case basis and can include the client's home, a company facility, or community.
- Additional time or flex schedules may be required to complete the above work or meet company objectives.
This job does expose team members to clients that may exhibit physically aggressive behavior. The team member may have to use appropriate behavior management techniques with a client under such circumstances. Such a response requires agility, quick reflexes, and the ability to use physically evasive movement. The team member will be required to stand, walk, sit, grasp, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, hear, type, and write. Team member will also be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as phone, computer, copiers, files, etc. The team member must be able to independently push, pull, lift, move, and carry objects weighing up to thirty-five (35) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near, far, and field of vision.